Четверг, 18 июля

What is J-1 Visa exchanges?

The J-1 classification (exchange visitors) is for people who want to teach, instruct, or lecture in a recognized program, study, observe, do research, consult, demonstrate unique abilities, or get graduate medical education or training.

The Department of State appoints public and private groups to act as exchange sponsors in order to carry out the tasks of the Exchange Visitor Program. As a result, J-1 nonimmigrants are sponsored by an exchange program approved by the US Department of State. In the realms of education, the arts, and science, these programs are aimed to foster the exchange of people, knowledge, and skills.

Application Process

Because the US Department of State is in charge of managing the J-1 exchange visitor program, submitting a Form DS-2019, Certificate of Eligibility for Exchange Visitor Status, is the first step in getting a J-1 visa (formerly known as an IAP-66). This form will be sent by your sponsoring agency. Working closely with the personnel at your sponsoring agency who will be aiding you during this process is recommended. A responsible officer (RO) or alternate responsible officer is a government official who is authorized to issue Form DS-2019 (ARO). Your RO or ARO will tell you what documentation you’ll need in order to get a DS-2019.

You can then apply for a j1 exchangesthrough the US Department of State at a US Embassy or Consulate after receiving a Form DS-2019. Because the time it takes for an applicant to be scheduled for an interview can vary, it is strongly recommended that you submit your visa application as soon as possible (though you may not enter the United States in J-1 status more than 30 days before your program begins). Look more in terms for spanish j-1 visa, abogado de immigration en houston


Some J-1 nonimmigrants come to the US with the intention of working, while others do not. J-1 nonimmigrants are only permitted to work under the provisions of the exchange program. For further information on any restrictions that may apply to you working in the United States, please contact your sponsoring organization.

J-1 Visa Holders’ Family

J-2 classification is available to your spouse and unmarried children under the age of 21, regardless of nationality. Your husband and children have the right to work; nevertheless, their earnings cannot be used to support you. Your spouse or child would complete Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, to apply for employment authorization as a J-2 nonimmigrant. Spanish immgrants can look for abogado de inmigracion houston.